Wednesday, September 15, 2010

See Sarah Sew

There are two things I've always wished I was able to do but every time I try to learn I give up in frustration. The first is playing the guitar. I'm pretty musical and can play several instruments but the guitar totally alludes me. The second is sewing. My big confession is that I can't even manage to sew a button back on. My mom has showed me how on several occasions but the lesson never sticks. I don't even know how to turn on a sewing machine!

That's all about to change. I have signed up for sewing lessons through the Sewing page on About.com and I am committed to actually figuring this thing out. There are 12 lessons that are sent to you via email and they start off super simple and progress to things like belt loops and hems. I don't think this is going to be easy but I am committing here to really put some effort into it. I'll share my progress here along the way and you can either celebrate with me or laugh at my total and utter sewing failures. It definitely remains to be seen!

My goal is to pick up enough sewing skills to be able to make cute Christmas ornaments to give away with this year's Christmas cookies. These ones from Paper and String are adorable and will be my inspiration.


I'll report back on my progress soon. Until then, wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. Good luck Sarah! Sewing has always been something I have wanted to do as well, but alas, have not bitten the bullet yet and taken a lesson. Maybe your lessons will inspire me!

    ReplyDelete