Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Napkin Flowers

Life has been very busy lately and I missed posting yesterday. My apologies to anyone who noticed! I'm back tonight with a quick and easy project, napkin flowers!

I've seen this idea done before but the tutorial I used tonight was from Made, a cool blog with lots of great ideas and tutorials. You can find the full instructions here but essentially all you need to make one flower is four large napkins, one smaller napkin in a contrasting colour, a piece of string and some scissors.

Here is what my finished product looks like (thanks to my hand model husband!). This was my second attempt and it looks much better than my first. I can only assume that my third will be even better. As you can see in the picture, the flowers turn out pretty large. Made suggests hanging them on the wall which would be really cute in a little girl's room. I also think these would make really pretty gift toppers in place of a bow and then your recipient could display it somewhere in her home.


I paid $2 for each package of napkins that I bought (so $4 total) and that left me with 100 napkins. So this project is not only easy but really inexpensive. The colour combinations are endless and these would look really cool made with patterned napkins as well. I think I'm going to make myself a whole bouquet of them for our guest room!

1 comment: