Saturday, September 11, 2010

Plant Life

I was at the grocery store today and I couldn't resist picking up an African Violet. I remember my mom having African Violets in the house when I was younger which is probably why they feel kind of retro to me. The flowers on the one I bought are a bright purple and they add a really nice hit of colour to the side table in our living room. The best part is that African Violets are supposed to be pretty easy to care for which is a good thing since I don't exactly have a green thumb when it comes to indoor plants. This one cost only $1.99!


The African Violet joins our little kitchen garden that contains Chris' herbs (originally courtesy of Auntie Nina and used almost daily in dinner) and our Shamrock that grew from a clipping that my mom gave me from a plant I originally bought for her on St. Patrick's day a few years ago. And I'm pleased to report that our outdoor planter is still going strong and had a bunch of gorgeous pink flowers open on it just today  The only drawback to blooming outdoor flowers is that it looks like I'll still have some waiting to do before I can redesign the front porch for fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment