Thursday, October 28, 2010

Fabric Obsession

About a month ago I posted that I planned to use fabric to create inexpensive art for the bare walls of my home. Well ever since then I've been on the hunt for great fabric that I'll want to look at every day. My new obsession has led to me to two online fabric stores with some amazing selections that I just can't make up my mind what to order!

The first site I'm frequenting is Designer Fabrics Online. This is the online version of Designer Fabrics on Queen Street in Toronto. If I order from here I'll love the fact that I'm supporting a Canadian company and that I'll save money on shipping! What's cool about this site is that they'll rent you samples of any of their fabrics which means I could have it shipped to my house where I can try it out with the rest of my stuff and see if it works. Pretty neat! They have a huge selection and a variety of price points.
These are a few of my current favourites:

Clarise - $11.99/yard

Jack's Beanstalk - $26.99/yard
Amari - $24.99/yard
 The second store that has my attention is J & O Fabrics, a company in New Jersey that ships to Canada. They seem to have even more fabrics than Designer Fabrics and their prices look better to me too. They don't rent samples but you can buy swatches of their fabric for $2.00. Their website is well organized and it's super easy to navigate through all the fabric types. They have some really cool vintage fabric and designer mid-century fabric (at up to $130.00/yard!!) as well as a variety of other materials and patterns. Right now I'm loving these patterns:

LA Mod Woods - $8.98/yard

Owls Galore - $8.98/yard

Bliss Floral - $19.98/yard
Now I just need to convince my husband that he likes some of these fabrics too ;)

1 comment:

  1. I have never heard of J&O Fabrics, so I'm going to go check out their site now! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete