Friday, October 1, 2010

Going Vegetarian and a Brief Hiatus

Some of my readers will know that I am a vegetarian. I went veggie about six years ago and I've never looked back. I don't eat any meat or seafood but I'm a lacto-ovo vegetarian which means I do eat dairy and eggs. My reasons for giving up meat were based mostly on how healthy I perceived meat coming from modern factory farms to be (i.e. not very!) but I have no problem with other people eating meat. My husband is very much an omnivore and our children will be as well, until they are old enough to decide for themselves, because Chris is the cook in our house.


Our different eating styles mean that two separate meals are usually made here at dinner time so I'm always on the lookout for recipes that can satisfy both of us and still be a healthy option. Imagine my excitement when I visited the Martha Stewart website today to find a front page feature on "Going Meatless"! There is a gallery on the site with over 60 quick and easy meatless recipes some of which look amazing. For those who wonder what on earth a vegetarian eats, how about Pumpkin Pasta, Vegetable Enchiladas or Zucchini Lasagna? Yum! You'll be amazed how easy it to eliminate meat from a meal.







On another note, I will be taking a brief hiatus from the blog. We are going to a wedding tomorrow and then I will be out of town for a few days for work. I'll be back with a new entry on Wednesday night and I hope you'll come back and visit then :)

No comments:

Post a Comment