Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Evaporated Milk Inspiration

My husband always makes fun of me because I can't seem to pass up a deal. I come by it honestly, my mom is just the same. I just love getting something on sale, even if it isn't something I was really after in the first place. Well tonight at the grocery store they had cans of Carnation Evaporated Milk on sale at 3 for $5. Needless to say, I now have three cans of evaporated milk in my cupboard!



Now I need some ideas for what to do with it and I've been looking for recipes. Carnation has a a pretty comprehensive collection of recipes on their website including a delicious looking Chocolate Cream Pie and super cute Tie-Dyed Mini Cupcakes.



But I'm more interested in hearing from you. Do you have any tried and true recipes that call for evaporated milk? Please share them by leaving a comment here or on the Facebook page! I promise to make at least three of them ;)

1 comment:

  1. On the East Coast we use canned milk in a lot of things. I recommend using it in the place of milk or cream in your regular cooking and baking.

    When I went to NFLD this June there was no fresh milk in the house, my uncles were miking canned milk and water to pour over their cereal. Tres gross.

    Happy recipe hunting!

    ReplyDelete