Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Easy Paper Valentine's Wreath

Lately my goal has been to think of crafts that I can make from the materials that I already have. I like Valentine's Day as much as the next person but I can't really justify spending a lot of money to decorate for it. So far I've made tissue pom-poms, crayon hearts, napkin doilies and framed hearts and I have spent a grand total of $3 - not counting supplies I already own. Last night I came up with a Valentine's Day wreath made mostly of scrapbooking paper!


This project was really easy - I took 4 sheets of paper and cut them into strips that were 6" long by 1.5" wide. I only ended up using about half the strips but I wanted the variety of 4 different patterns. Next I stapled the strips, one by one, to a Styrofoam wreath form, overlapping them slightly as I went. I didn't worry about what the back looked like, just made the strips smooth on the front.


To decorate the wreath I made three tissue paper flowers and hot glued them on. It seemed like a lot of white so to break it up I punched two hearts and stuck them on as well.


Voila! Super easy and made entirely of stuff I already had. The one thing I will have to purchase is some pretty ribbon to hang it with - the pipecleaner I'm using now is not really doing it for me but I was excited to share with you. The other great thing about this wreath is that if I get tired of it I can easily pull out the staples and start over again with different paper. I'd only be out a couple of dollars worth of paper which is better than paying for a new wreath form.

What do you think? Can you picture this is in other colour schemes for different occasions?



I'm lnking this post up to:



2 comments:

  1. Pretty wreath, great for Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just beautiful!...I popped in from Free Pretty Things for You link :)
    Please visit my blog for a chance at a giveaway
    http://amberblueskies.blogspot.com/2011/02/returning-love-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete