Tuesday, February 22, 2011

St. Patrick's Day Plant Tag

All of my Valentine's Day decorations have now come down and so this weekend my house was looking a little bare. Rather than mourn the loss of pink and hearts I moved on to green and shamrocks! Since I don't really have a lot of St. Patrick's Day decorations I started improvising yesterday and came up with a way to turn a plant into an Irish-inspired centrepiece. It's as easy as a hanging circle tag!


Chris had recently bought me this plant and I thought the white blooms and green leaves lent themselves to well to St. Patrick's Day decor. I popped the pot into a wavy white bowl and then I made the the tag using three progressively larger circles that I inked around the edges with green marker and then glued together. I finished it off with some shamrock stickers and a bit of green ribbon to tie it to a little stake stuck into the dirt. It's hardly much of anything really but it adds a tiny bit of Irish flair to our table.


I might make some more and give plants as St. Patrick's Day gifts this year :)



P.S. Linking this post up to:

1 comment: