Thursday, February 3, 2011

Valentine's Hug & Kiss

In keeping with my Valentine's Day theme of not spending any money to make decorations I made this latest project from a cereal box!

You can buy chipboard letters for a project like this or you can cut them out of a box that's sitting in your recycling bin. Instructions hardly seem necessary since this was so simple but, just in case, I'll tell you what I did to make these. I used my computer to print an X and O in the desired size and font and then I cut them out to use as a template. I traced both letters on to pieces of cereal box and then again on to scrapbooking paper. Then I cut both sets out and glued them together. I would have liked to try a more scripty font but I think you'd need a craft knife to get the curves right on the cardboard versions - if you've got a Cricut then you're laughing.


This is a simple and cute project that you can knock off in 30 minutes or less so why not try it today? :)

1 comment:

  1. I love your X and O, maybe I will try this one myself.

    ReplyDelete