Thursday, February 24, 2011

St. Patrick's Day Wreath

It never ceases to amaze me how much wreaths sell for ($50!!) when they are so inexpensive to make. Case in point is my brand new St. Patrick's Day wreath.


Here's the breakdown of what I spent:
Grapevine wreath - $4.99
Ribbon - $0.20 (a small portion of a huge $2 spool)
Felt - $1.50
(I also used scissors and a glue gun but I already own those things so I'm not including them in my cost.)
Total Cost - $6.69 - not bad right?


I made the felt flowers in about an hour and then glued it all together in about 10 minutes. Inexpensive and easy. And I have to say that I'm totally in love!



P.S. Linking this post up to:

4 comments:

  1. hey sarah - you won my HomeSav giveaway, congratulations! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty! I love those little felt rosettes. I think I need to figure out how to make them :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am planning to make this wreath this week. What size felt pieces did you use for an individual flower? How many spirals did you make on the felt piece per flower?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Renee, I made this wreath a year ago so I'm not positive but I seem to remember getting four larger flowers out of an 8x10 piece of felt and then using the scraps to make the smaller ones. I didn't count the spirals, each flower was different. It'll make sense when you try it, I promise! If you're worried about wasting felt then you can always experiment with some scrap paper first. Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete