Monday, March 21, 2011

Spring Egg Decor

Yesterday was the first day of spring here in Canada and I could not be happier. This winter has dragged on forever and I think we could all use a little sunshine in our lives. To celebrate the start of my favourite season I put together an easy and inexpensive project in under 5 minutes.


Pretty simple, right? But I think there's something really cute about it too.


I took an antique mason jar (but you could use any jar as long as long as the mouth it big enough to fit the eggs in) and stuck some raffia at the bottom. Push it down with a wooden spoon if it's not cooperating. Then I piled in some speckled eggs and put the glass top back on.


So easy to do but I'm so happy with how it looks sitting in the sunshine with our plants.


I've made a few other projects that I can't wait to share! Have you started decorating for spring?

1 comment: