Tuesday, March 29, 2011

DIY Birthday Cards

Just a quick post today to share a couple of the birthday cards I've made over the past week and to show you again how really simple card making can yield a lot of oohs and aahs!


My friend Leslie had a birthday this past week and I was excited to make her a really pretty, girly card. I started by gluing some polka dot paper to cardstock and then tearing a purple piece of paper for a background. I think the torn paper really suits the vintage feel of this card.


Next I added various vintage-y elements from a K&Company collection. I thought the "Thinking of You" tag was just too cute!

As I mentioned previously, my husband's birthday was this past weekend. I tend to keep his cards pretty basic because I know he appreciates what I write inside a lot more than the design on the front. Despite that, I still thought this one turned out pretty cute.


I used cardstock and a 4x6 journaling  mat that I cut to size. Then I wrote my message in marker and added a dimensional birthday hat sticker from K&Company (I absolutely love their stuff!).


And there you have it, two cute cards made from nothing but paper, a few strore-bought elements and a little imagination. And they're way nicer than the ones I could have bought in store for $5! I don't know why everyone isn't making their own cards ;)


2 comments:

  1. This is a great idea for a birthday card. the uniqueness are there and I'm sure it fun to do and at the same time an in-expensive one.
    thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It’s appropriate time to make some plans for the future and it is time to be happy. I have read this post and if I could I wish to suggest you few interesting things or advice. Perhaps you could write next articles referring to this article. I desire to read even more things about it! special birthday cards

    ReplyDelete