Monday, March 28, 2011

By the Batch - Mile-High Peanut Butter Birthday Pie

Ok, I know you don't really make pies by the batch but I didn't have the chance to make cookies this weekend and I didn't want to abandon my baking feature for the second week in a row so pie it is! This past Saturday was my husband's birthday and, in honour of the occasion, my mom made him a birthday pie - Mile-High Peanut Butter Pie to be exact.


Ingredients:
3/4 cups graham crumbs
1/4 cup butter, melted
1 pkg. (4-serving size) Jell-O Chocolate Instant Pudding
2 cups cold milk, divided
125 g  cream cheese, softened
1 pkg. (4-serving size) Jell-O Vanilla Instant Pudding
1/2 cup smooth peanut butter, divided
2 cups thawed Cool Whip Whipped Topping, divided

Directions:
Heat  oven to 375ºF. Mix crumbs and butter until well blended; press onto bottom and up side of 9-inch pie plate. Bake 10 min.; cool.

Beat chocolate pudding mix and 1 cup milk with whisk 2 min. (Pudding will be thick.) Spread onto bottom of crust. Gradually add remaining milk to cream cheese in large bowl with mixer until well blended. Add dry vanilla pudding mix; beat 2 min. Reserve 1 Tbsp. peanut butter. Add remaining to vanilla pudding mixture; beat until well blended. Stir in 1 cup Cool Whip. Spread over chocolate pudding layer to within 1 inch of edge. Spoon remaining Cool Whip onto centre of pie.Refrigerate 3 hours.


According to Sarah:
I didn't make this one but I watched it get made so I feel safe in saying that it was pretty easy to put together. The ingredients are ones you're likely to have around the house too which is nice. As to taste, it was quite good - not too sweet and just the right amount of peanut butter. The birthday boy definitely approved too and was quite excited to have his first birthday pie instead of a standard cake. I don't know if this will make it into regular rotation around here but I'm definitely putting the recipe away to try it myself at some point.

No comments:

Post a Comment