Friday, March 11, 2011

Grow Your Own Rainbow

The other day I was wandering around Michaels and came across little terracotta pots for $1 each. I wasn't sure what I would do with them but they were cute and cheap so I bought a couple. I Googled a bit for inspiration and then decided to turn my pots into little leprechaun hats in which I could grow a rainbow!


I gave the pots two coats of black paint. I would have preferred green for my leprechaun hats but I already had black paint and I was making this craft on the cheap. Once they were dry I hot glued green ribbon (actually an old Christmas bow that I pulled apart - I'm talking really cheap!) and yellow foam buckles on to them. Next I made a rainbow using my circle cutter - I started with a 4 3/4 inch red circle and then worked my way through the colours losing a 1/4 inch on each circle. Then I glued them together, cut the whole thing in half and cut a half circle out of the bottom. I glued toothpicks on the back to help it stand up in the pots.


The last touch was little green felt leaves to add a little filler to the pot and to make it look like my rainbow was actually growing ;) And what's a rainbow without a little gold underneath? I picked the coins up at Michaels for about $1.



I'm really pleased with how it turned out. What do you think? Would you like to grow a rainbow of your own?

No comments:

Post a Comment