Sunday, November 21, 2010

Fresh Winter Planter & Updated Winter Wreath

Hope you've all had a lovely weekend. The weather turned quite cold here today (just in time for my poor husband to stand outside to cover the local Santa Claus parade!) and it inspired me to finish some of my winter projects.

Last week I told you about a demonstration I attended where I learned how to make a fresh winter window box. This weekend I created my own for our front porch. I used Douglas fir, pine and cedar as shown in the demonstration but I also added some noble fir that I found at the local grocery store. It has a really cool texture that I think added a little something extra. I used the same box that held my summer flowers and then my fall arrangement. I made a bow using ribbon made for outdoors and wired it to a leftover stick. I'm pretty happy with how it all turned out!


The other project that I completed this weekend was an update of my winter wreath that I first posted about here. This was the first wreath I've ever made and, though I liked the concept, it wasn't really good enough. I got some good feedback from family and readers and I studied the wreaths at Michaels for inspiration. Today the wreath went from this...


To this...


Better, right? To be honest, I still see a lot that's wrong with it but I like it a lot better than the first version. I wish I had a better picture of the bow because it turned out really pretty. I made it using a really easy tutorial on YouTube. You can find it here.

Today I also made my recipe for the upcoming Bake-N-Blog and I started on a new Christmas craft that will be part of my next giveaway. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment