Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Cooking School

No baking or crafting today because I spent the evening at President's Choice Cooking School. I took the Easy Entertaining course at our local Superstore and it was fantastic. The teacher was Jeffrey Marshall, executive chef for George Weston Ltd. and he had a ton of information (and food!) to share.

We learned how to make a tomato and cucumber salad with seared feta, coq au vin and pecan sticky buns. I wasn't really sure what to expect and felt a little intimidated having never really done much cooking but the class was really just a two hour cooking demonstration full of tips and techniques and delicious food. That's right, we got to eat everything that Jeffrey made. Of course being a vegetarian I eat the chicken dish but everything else was wonderful and I left the class feeling confident that I could recreate all it in my own kitchen. Whether that's true remains to be seen!

For anyone interested in cooking, whether skilled or a complete beginner, I would absolutely recommend these classes. They have them for all types of food so there's a class for everyone. Check out their website to find the classes being offered in a grocery store near you.



No comments:

Post a Comment