Monday, April 4, 2011

By the Batch - Easter Treats

This past weekend was my birthday and unfortunately, I was too busy celebrating to find any baking time. Instead I've pulled together some great ideas for homemade Easter treats that I want to try over the next few weeks!

Let's start simple with these super easy Easter Cupcakes from Kraft Canada. Use a cake mix to bake up cupcakes in any flavour then top with icing. Then make them special for Easter by building nests out of Cadbury Flake bars and Mini Eggs. So cute, easy to make and the kids can help.


I absolutely LOVE this idea for Stamped Easter Cookies from Martha Stewart. Again, it's a really simple concept - just stamp the cookie dough with regular rubber stamps before baking. This idea definitely doesn't have to be limited to Easter - you could use different stamps for any occasion!

If you're feeling a bit more ambitious then Glory over at Glorious Treats will walk you through decorating adorable cut out Easter cookies with royal icing.


Lastly, how adorable is this Easter Basket Cake made over at BabyCakes by Rachel? She made the basket with the bottom half of the Wilton giant cupcake pan which I just happened to receive from my husband for my birthday. I will definitely be giving this one a try!


How about you? Do you have any plans for Easter baking or do you have a recipe that you make every year for the occasion?

1 comment:

  1. happy be-lated birthday - hope you had a great time celebrating!

    ReplyDelete