Thursday, May 5, 2011

Magnetic Calendar - May

Life has become so hectic over the last month or so. My job now requires me to make 4 hour round trips on both Mondays and Tuesdays which makes for really long days that I don't feel like crafting at the end of! Half of that 4 hour trip is by train so I've taken a part-time job walking a colleague's dog to cover the fare. I do that at lunch when I used to post here which means I now have to craft and post at night. You may have noticed that I've fallen a bit off of my regular Monday-Friday schedule and I wanted you all to know it's not for lack of trying! I'm hoping to rediscover my life/work/blog balance soon. All that being said, I now present you with May's magnetic calendar, 5 days late! Click on any of the pictures to see bigger versions with more detail.


Since April showers bring May flowers I decided to use flowers and buttons this month. I was inspired by all the flowers I just planted in my front garden to use a lot of purple, pink and green. Here are some closeups of some of the details. I glued buttons on some squares and replaced other squares entirely with flower stickers or bottle caps with flowers and buttons inside. You'll notice that we have a couple of family birthdays this month and there's a special heart square for Mother's Day.




I cut all of the numbers out of scrapbooking paper using my Silhouette. The buttons are from Stampin' Up, the flower stickers are K & Company and the stickers in the bottle caps are from Sassafras. If you're inspired to make your own calendar you can check out my previous months here and here.

I hope May is a great month for everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment