Sunday, November 25, 2012

Guest Post – 20 Minute Pork Chop Marinade

Well my Craft Sale (that I wrote about on the Sugar and Shimmer Facebook page) has come and gone and, sadly, it was not much of a success. We got a dumping of snow the night before and into the morning and not a lot of people made it out. The good news is that I made a lot of really great things that I’ll be sharing with you over the next 30 days. Can you believe we only have 30 days until Christmas?! And, in addition to my Christmas crafts, One Hungry Dude will still be dropping by every weekend to share a delicious recipe like this one.

For the last few years, I've primarily worked from my home office. That changed two weeks ago, when I took a great new job at a larger newspaper. However, the new career path has also led me to a 40 minute commute — which means I typically have less time to cook great meals on weeknights. So the other day, I tried this pork marinade. It has some strong flavour, which really helps compliment the pork chops, and was prepared in minutes.

20 Minute Pork Chop Marinade
Ingredients
• 1/4 Cup Olive Oil
• 2 Dollops of Honey Mustard
• 6 Tbsp Grated Parmesan Cheese
• Juice from 1/4 Lemon
• 1 Tsp dried Basil
• A sprinkle of Garlic
• Salt and Pepper, to taste
• Four pork chops


In a small bowl or measuring cup, combine the olive oil, honey mustard, parmesan cheese, lemon juice, basil, garlic, salt and pepper. Place the pork chops in a separate bowl or container. Pour the marinade over the pork chops, then use your fingers to rub the marinade into both sides of the pork. Place the pork in the refrigerator for 20 minutes.


On the stovetop, preheat a frying pan over medium-high. Place the pork in the pan, and cook until done, flipping once. During the cooking process, baste the chops with the drippings using a spoon. This will help keep the chops moist and flavourful. Once cooked, remove the pork from the pan, and place on a cutting board to rest for about three to four minutes, then serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment