Thursday, September 15, 2011

DIY Nursery Decorations Vol. 2

As I've mentioned before, we are expecting our first child this coming February - tomorrow I'll be 18 weeks pregnant! And I believe I've also mentioned that, long before we were even trying for a baby, I wrote a post rounding up some DIY nursery ideas and it has become my most popular by a mile. Since I'm now collecting ideas for my baby's room I thought I'd share some more with all of you.

Via Carina Gardner

Every baby needs a mobile and what could be sweeter for a little girl than the swarm of butterflies on this Butterfly Chandelier? Head over to Carina Gardner's website and download the PDF instructions and a file you can use in your Silhouette to cut out the butterflies. Don't have a Silhouette? You could easily make these with a butterfly paper punch.

Via grace and light

Even the incredibly uncrafty mom could make this paper punch garland. Brooke at grace and light made this with paint samples, a heart punch and a needle and thread - but don't worry, there's no actual sewing required!

Via Positively Splendid

I love this idea for Lined Canvas Bins from Positively Splendid. The best part is that they are made using diaper boxes, something you're bound to already have on hand if you've got a baby. This project does require some sewing - I might have to sweet talk my mom to get myself some of these ;)

Via Fiskars

Last, I adore this Baby Monogram from Fiskars. It's made using not much more than scrapbooking paper and a canvas. They have little square canvasses like these at my local dollar store all the time so this project would be completely inexpensive. This version is obviously girly but you could easily make one for a boy too.

It's amazing how little you need to spend to create some really high impact projects! If you liked these ideas and you'd like to see more then be sure to check me out on Pinterest as I'll be pinning ideas for at least the next 5 months!



P.S. The My Memories Suite giveaway ends tomorrow and with only 4 entries so far your chances to win are great - don't forget to enter!

No comments:

Post a Comment