Saturday, August 25, 2012

Guest Post – Simple Blueberry Sauce

Happy Saturday! Yesterday was actually Sugar and Shimmer’s two year blogiversary! It's' hard for me to believe that I’ve been posting here for two years. Thanks to all of you who have been reading. To celebrate I’ll have a fun free printable to post next week. I’ll also be sharing my peanut butter bark recipe that I teased over on the Sugar and Shimmer Facebook page. Until then, here’s another recipe from One Hungry Dude.

A few weeks ago, I shared a recipe for Blueberry Barbecue Sauce. Luckily, I still had some blueberries left over afterwards, so I decided to create a more traditional sauce, which goes perfectly with pancakes, waffles or even dessert. Blueberries are so versatile, they can easily form the base for a delicious dish at any time of the day.

Blueberry Sauce
Ingredients
• 1 pint Blueberries
• 1/2 Cup Water
• 3 Tsp Granulated Sugar
• Juice from 1/4 Lemon
• Splash of Vanilla
• A pinch of Salt


Place the ingredients in a small pot, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat by about half, and stir occasionally. Let simmer for about 15 minutes, or until the sauce begins to thicken. Place on top of pancakes, waffles or vanilla ice cream. Add a dollop of whipped cream, and serve.


This recipe yields 1 to 1 1/2 Cups of sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment